Resources After Diagnosis – RAD Overview
Many individuals who are diagnosed with breast cancer and their care teams do not incorporate health and fitness as an integral part of their overall care plan and do not have access to responsible and actionable information to help adopt a healthy lifestyle. We believe that a proactive approach to managing breast cancer needs to be widely embraced and have developed a suite of programs to provide these critical Resources After Diagnosis:
- RAD Library: Online database of educational resources on exercise oncology, breast cancer treatments and side effects, cancer-specific barriers to exercise, exercise prescription and movement modifications for breast cancer survivors, survivor/athlete assessments and more. Collectively, this information provides the patient, fitness and medical communities with practical information on incorporating fitness into a breast cancer care plan.
- RAD Affiliate Network: A powerful community of fitness and medical professionals who have been educated through the RAD Library to be better able to assist breast cancer survivors to safely incorporate physical activity as a cornerstone of their overall care plan.
- RAD Peer to Peer Support Community: Facebook based support community connecting fitness-minded people who have been impacted by breast cancer to share resources, advice, stories, struggles, triumphs and encouragement.
- RAD Collective: Health and wellness retreats for survivors to come together to build community, learn, grow, and thrive in survivorship through exercise, nutrition, recovery and support.
- Dx to Rx Scholarships: Need-based scholarships to people who are managing or have managed a breast cancer diagnosis to cover the costs of membership dues at RAD-approved CrossFit affiliates nationwide. More than just a gym membership, scholarships pair a fitness professional who has completed the education modules developed through the RAD Library with the patient/survivor/athlete to ensure access to the gift of safe, appropriate and effective fitness instruction.